What is Eczema?
Atopic dermatitis (eczema) is a condition that makes your skin red and itchy. It’s common in children but can occur at any age. Atopic dermatitis is long lasting (chronic) and tends to flare periodically. It may be accompanied by asthma or hay fever.
No cure has been found for atopic dermatitis. But treatments and self-care measures can relieve itching and prevent new outbreaks. For example, it helps to avoid harsh soaps, moisturize your skin regularly, and apply medicated creams or ointments.
SYMPTOMS OF ECZEMA
Atopic dermatitis (eczema) signs and symptoms vary widely from person to person and include:
- Dry skin
- Itching, which may be severe, especially at night
- Red to brownish-gray patches, especially on the hands, feet, ankles, wrists, neck, upper chest, eyelids, inside the bend of the elbows and knees, and in infants, the face and scalp
- Small, raised bumps, which may leak fluid and crust over when scratched
- Thickened, cracked, scaly skin
- Raw, sensitive, swollen skin from scratching
Atopic dermatitis most often begins before age 5 and may persist into adolescence and adulthood. For some people, it flares periodically and then clears up for a time, even for several years.
HOW THE SALT CAVE CAN HELP
The skin is a mirror to our internal body and in particular, our intestines. Skin irritations and eczema which appear around the neckline, on the face, especially around the mouth area, usually indicate disrupted intestinal flora. The body cannot eliminate toxins and excretes them through the skin. Salt Therapy is a clinically proven natural, safe and beneficial method of treatment for every age group. It:
- Kills bacteria.
- Is anti-inflammatory.
- Reduces IgE levels, meaning the immune system becomes less oversensitive.
Internally, Salt Therapy helps to lower the IgE level, a measure of antibodies which is often high in people with allergies. Salt Therapy helps to lower this level, meaning the immune system does not over-react to try to deal with the problem.
On the outside of the body, it reduces inflammation on the skin and improves circulation on the skin surface.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU COME?
- 15-20 sessions are recommended for long term results.
- With irreversible conditions you may need to come for more sessions.
- The sessions should be frequent; about two to three a week is suggested.
In most patients, after a course of Salt Therapy symptoms disappear. The treatment’s efficacy is estimated at 75-98%. Most clients do 1-2 Salt Therapy courses a year. In between they might come back for some top-up sessions.