TEMPORARILY NOT OFFERED
INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE IN HIMALAYAN SALT ROOM
Indian Head Massage (Champissage™)
Indian Head Massage or Champissage™ is based on India’s oldest healing system Ayurveda (The Science of Life and Longevity) almost 5000 years old it was brought to the West from India in 1981.
This deeply relaxing and soothing massage treatment assists in balancing our “Prana” or life force by encouraging the smooth flow of energy through our Chakra System or subtle body. By working on the higher energy points (Marmas) and energy centres (Chakras), Sahasrara (the crown or thousand petal lotus chakra), Ajna (the forehead/third eye), Vishuddha ( the base of the throat) and Anahata (heart area), the whole energy system is aligned and the body is brought into balance.
Indian Head Massage is the ideal stress-busting treatment for anyone who is suffering from aching shoulders, a tight neck, tension headache, eye strain, insomnia, or poor concentration.
This therapy has been known to result in clearer vision, both physical and intuitive as well as improved concentration as it increases the brain’s pranic life force or physiologically speaking, the oxygen in the brain is increased. It promotes blood circulation and lymphatic drainage to the upper part of the body, promoting hair growth.
All maneuvers are performed with the client in a fully clothed and seated position.
The practitioner works behind client and performs a flowing sequence of movements beginning from the upper back, shoulders, arms, hands. And working up through the neck, scalp, ears, face and finishing on the scalp again.
The session starts with brief breathing exercises followed by light assisted stretching movements of the upper arms and massage maneuvers applied on the upper back and shoulders. The technique comprises effleurage, kneading, squeezing, pressure points and tapotement in order to decrease and eliminate the muscle tension and discomfort.
This sequence once completed, the practitioner will move on to the neck and head. At this level the technique comprises maneuvers like effleurage, milking petrissage on the neck, fingertip friction, Marma pressure points, tapotement, effleurage nerve strokes, etc.
The session ends with ear and face massage and pressure points, followed by a balancing healing hand position on the following energy centres: throat chakra (Vishudda), 3rd Eye chakra (Ajna) and Crown chakra (Sahasrara).
There are a wide number of benefits to be had from treatment with Indian Head Massage, both psychological and physical. These include:
- Antidote to stress, anxiety and mental tension
- Clears the mind and revitalized mental capacity, so improving alertness and concentration
- General “balancing”, giving a sense of calm and peace
- Calms the respiratory system
- Improves blood circulation to the head and neck
- Increased blood flow enhances nourishment to the muscles which can promote hair growth
- Improves lymphatic drainage from the head and neck
- Improves muscle tone and mobility in the head, neck and shoulder area
- Physically revitalizing
- Relieves mental and physical strain, so helping to improve concentration and productivity
- Relieves eye strain, headaches, sinusitis, congestion and insomnia
- Further nourishment to the skin and hair if oil is used in the treatment